By browsing our website or using our systems or services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this policy and consent to the processing of your personal data and information in accordance with this policy, where applicable.
- Effective date,
- Consent procedures,
- Data collection objectives,
- Data processing purposes,
- Personal information collected,
- The treatment processes used,
- Access and control of personal information,
- Sharing and reasons for sharing personal information with third parties,
- Retention of personal information.
Respect for privacy and the protection of personal information are essential to us, which is why, through this Policy, we intend to protect personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
To ensure this protection, Eurotranslation Inc. will only collect, process and share personally identifiable information with the consent of the individual, unless permitted or required by law, in which case your consent will not be required.
The purpose of the Policy is to inform users of the purposes and manner in which Eurotranslation Inc., or anyone acting on its behalf, will collect and use their personal information. It is intended to be in plain language to ensure informed consent from users.
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means any information about an identifiable or identifiable individual. Wherever possible, we will anonymize, pseudonymize and/or aggregate such information so that it no longer identifies an individual.
2. Entry into force
This Policy applies from August 30, 2023.
3. How to obtain consent
We are committed to obtaining consent prior to collecting personal information from an individual. Consent may be express or implied and may be provided directly by the individual or by his or her authorized representative.
We prefer to obtain express consent, whether verbally, electronically or in writing. However, implied consent may be reasonably inferred from a person’s action or inaction. For example, providing a name and address to receive a publication, or a name and telephone number to obtain an answer to a question, is considered implied consent to the collection of information containing personal information. In determining the appropriate type of consent, we take into account the sensitivity of the personal information involved, the purposes for which it is collected and the reasonable expectations of a similarly situated individual.
If we want to use personal information for a new purpose, we will describe the intended use and ask for consent again.
It may not always be possible, particularly in the case of government requests, to obtain consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. We will never disclose such information other than in accordance with this Policy, except as required or permitted by law.
4. Data collection objectives
Here are some of the reasons we collect your personal information:
- To provide products and services: We will collect and process the data and information necessary to fulfill our mission and contractual obligations.
- To provide and improve these products and services: Data collected during your interactions with our services may be used to analyze and improve the operation of our products and services.
- To develop new products and services and for AI: The data collected may be used in a research and development context to offer new products and services to our users, notably through advertising and marketing messages. In addition, collected and aggregated data may be processed by algorithms using artificial intelligence.
- To offer personalized products and services: Collecting and analyzing the data generated by your interactions with our services enables us to develop and create products and services that are relevant to your expectations in terms of culture and entertainment, in particular in order to provide adaptation measures for customers who require them.
- To evaluate the performance of products and services: Data is collected in order to obtain information on the advantages and disadvantages of our products and services, and to evaluate and resolve them if necessary, notably through surveys. This enables us to ensure the quality of our products and services, as well as promoting risk management.
- To protect the privacy of our users. The data collected enables us to verify the identity and protect the privacy of people who communicate with us by telephone, electronically or otherwise.
5. Personal information collected
- To meet legal obligations. Data is collected to meet obligations arising from laws, regulations or international treaties.
Eurotranslation Inc. may collect personal information in various forms, but will only do so by lawful means and only for the necessary purposes disclosed to you, as described in this Policy, or as permitted or required by law.
The personal information we collect, and its sensitivity, may vary depending on the context of your interactions with Eurotranslation Inc. This is why it is important for us to inform you of the nature of the personal information we use.
We protect all personal information collected. Among the personal information that may be collected and used, we pay particular attention to :
Name and contact information
. First and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and other similar data used to contact you.
Proof of identity
. Passwords, password hints and similar security information used to identify you and access your account.
. Information about you, such as your age, gender, country and language of communication.
. Data required to process your payments, such as your payment instrument number (e.g. your credit card number) and the associated security code.
. Information about your subscriptions to cultural events and company newsletters.
Images and sounds.
Audiovisual data used to ensure the safety of our users, in particular on the sites of cultural events for which we are organizers or hosts.
. Data relating to your use of the websites, platforms and tools created. This is data that you provide in order to use the products. In other cases, such as error reports, this data is generated by us.
Other examples of interaction data we collect include:
- Data on sites visited and usage. For example:
- Payment and account history. Data on the items you buy and the activities associated with your account.
- Problem resolution and support data. Data you provide when you contact Eurotranslation Inc. for help, including the products you use, and other information that helps us solve your problem.
- Interests and preferences. Data on your interests and preferences, such as the artists or style of music that draws you to concerts, the types of exhibitions and cultural events that interest you, and the cities to which you are willing to travel to attend certain cultural events. Apart from the information you have explicitly provided, the other data we collect sometimes enables us to define or guess your interests and preferences.
- Content consumption data. Data on multimedia content (e.g. TV, video, music, audio, books, applications and games) accessed through our products.
- Searches and commands. Search queries and commands you use when using our website.
- Textual, input and handwritten data. Textual, input and handwritten data and related information.
- Location data. Data, which may or may not be precise, about the location of your device. For example, it is possible to collect location data from a device’s IP address or from data in your account profile that indicates with less precision where you are, such as the name of a town or a zip code.
6. Data processing purposes :
Provide our products and services.
- Other data. Other data provided when you use our website, in particular data from Google Analytics.
We use data to operate our products and services, as well as to provide you with rich, interactive experiences.
Product and/or service improvement.
We use data to improve our products, in particular by adding new features or capabilities (error reporting when purchasing a ticket, or when consulting an online program, etc.).
Some products include personalized features, such as recommendations that optimize your experiences and satisfaction. These features use automated processes to tailor your experiences based on the data we have about you, such as inferences we make about you and your use of the product, your activities, your interests, your location.
Development of products and/or services.
We use data to develop new products. For example, we use anonymized or pseudonymized personal information to better understand our customers’ needs.
We use data to diagnose and resolve problems with products and/or services, restore access to your personal account, and provide other support and assistance services.
To help secure and resolve problems.
We use data to help secure and resolve problems with our products and services. This includes using data to ensure the security of services offered to our customers, detecting malware and malicious activity, resolving performance and compatibility issues to help customers get the most out of their experience and informing them of updates to our products and services. This may include the use of automated systems to detect security problems.
We use data to protect the security of our products and customers. Our security features range from preventing malware from running and notifying users when malware is detected on their device, to using video surveillance to ensure public safety at events.
Surveys and promotional communications.
We use the data we collect to provide surveys and promotional communications. You can purchase e-mail subscriptions, respond to surveys and choose whether or not to receive promotional communications from Eurotranslation Inc. by e-mail, SMS, postal mail and telephone. For more information on how we manage your contact information, e-mail subscriptions and promotional communications, please see the Access and Control of Your Personal Information section of this Policy.
Relevant offers. Eurotranslation Inc.
uses data to provide you with relevant and important information about the products and services we offer. We analyze data from different sources to predict what information will be most interesting and relevant to you and communicate it to you in different ways. For example, we can predict your entertainment interests and suggest new activities that you might enjoy.
Advertising. Eurotranslation Inc.
uses data collected through interactions with you, some of our products and on third-party websites to advertise our products and services, including on third-party websites. We may sometimes use automated processes to make advertisements more relevant.
We use data to process your transactions with us. For example, we process payment information to provide customers with product subscriptions and use contact details to provide products purchased in our online shops/ticketing.
Reporting and business operations.
We use data to analyze our operations and improve decision-making. This enables us to make informed decisions and create reports on the performance of our activities.
Protection of rights and property.
We use data to detect and prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce contracts and protect our property. For example, we use data to confirm the validity of tickets sold in order to combat fraud. We may use automated processes to detect and prevent activities that violate our rights and those of third parties.
We process data to comply with the law. For example, we use the age of our customers to ensure that we comply with our obligations to protect the privacy of children or to ensure that the customer complies with the recommended age for the audience. We also process contact details and identifiers to help customers exercise their data protection rights.
We use data to carry out research, in particular for scientific purposes and in the public interest, where permitted by law.
7. Treatment processes used
Eurotranslation Inc. attaches the utmost importance to the security of your personal information and undertakes to treat it in accordance with industry standards and norms, and solely for the purposes for which it is collected, as described in this policy or in a specific notice to that effect. However, given the security limitations inherent in transmission via the Internet, it is impossible to safeguard your personal information absolutely. Information transmitted to us is therefore ultimately at the user’s own risk.
8. Access to and control of personal information
Eurotranslation Inc. ensures that all personal information in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
You have the right to request access to your personal information for verification purposes and to request a correction if your personal information is inaccurate. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, or if you wish to access your personal information, you may make a request using the contact information provided at the end of this Policy.
To the best of our ability, we will provide you with timely access to your personal information. However, for security reasons, we may need to verify your identity.
There may be circumstances where we will not be able to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, where access may lead to the disclosure of another person’s personal information and that person refuses to consent to the disclosure, or where legal restrictions apply. If such a situation arises, we will advise you of the reason why we cannot provide you with access to your personal information.
If your request concerns data appearing on third-party web pages or platforms, please contact these third parties directly.
9. Sharing and reason for sharing personal information with third parties
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Eurotranslation Inc., with the exception of our authorized suppliers and partners who need access to the information for the purposes listed in this policy and within the limits of this policy, as well as in the following cases:
- For storage on cloud servers, in which case personal information may be transferred to third-party jurisdictions. Please note that we only retain the services of reputable companies with privacy policies.
In particular, we use the services of third-party suppliers to pool, clean and analyze data in the cultural sector so that they can add value to this data and develop tools for the benefit of the public or players in the sector. To this end, these suppliers process the information provided as follows:
The data is first prepared, then sorted so that it can be used.
From the prepared data, the supplier creates global statistics containing general, non-personal information, sometimes combined with data from similar sources. This pooled data is then used to establish global statistics such as origin analyses (mainly via postal codes), seasonality analyses or price analyses (shopping basket type).
These data are then enriched in two different ways. The first is enrichment using freely available third-party data, such as Census socio-demographic data by postal code. The second process is called inferential enrichment. Inferential enrichment consists, for example, in the case of a ticket purchased at the “under 25” fare, in deducing that the individual concerned is under 25.
- For legal reasons: We transmit personal information outside our company if access to it is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Eurotranslation Inc. will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
10. Cookies and similar technologies
Eurotranslation Inc. may use “cookies”, Internet tags, web beacons, log files or other technologies to collect certain personal information about visitors to our Web sites, as well as about the recipients of our newsletters, invitations and other communications. Cookies are pieces of information transmitted by the server to the browser during a visit to the Web site that uniquely identify the current connection. This data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on the site and any other statistics.
Cookies are used to retrieve search history and shopping baskets (e.g. ticket purchases) related to the session, to facilitate the user’s online browsing experience. It is important to note that, depending on the settings you have chosen, activating the cookies option may allow other servers to install cookies on your system. You can set your browser to notify you of the presence of cookies, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept them.
Please note that our website may contain links or references to third party websites. This policy no longer applies when you leave our website and Eurotranslation Inc. is not responsible for the collection or processing of personal information by or through these third parties or external sources.
11. Retention of personal information
Eurotranslation Inc. keeps the data collected for different periods of time, depending on its nature and its usefulness in offering our products and services. During the retention period, Eurotranslation Inc. takes physical and technical measures to ensure the security of data containing personal information.
The primary locations where personal information is stored are in cities where Eurotranslation Inc. maintains offices or facilities and in cities where Google and Sogetel maintain servers containing data collected by Eurotranslation Inc.
Personal information may be stored outside the country in which you live, if a third-party supplier or other entity to whom we disclose personal information in accordance with this Policy is located outside the country. In such cases, personal information may be subject to the local laws of the countries or territories in which the information is collected, used, disclosed or stored, and may be accessible to the governmental and law enforcement authorities of those countries or territories.
Once the retention period has expired, personal information is destroyed. Only statistics or reports containing de-identified and anonymized data may be retained for extended periods of time.
Changes to these rules :
to consult them. If the changes are significant, we will publish a prominent notice on our website (including, for certain services, via e-mail notification).
Person in charge of compliance :
Phone number: 819.243.9353